Topics to be covered in Wiley’s Advanced BBQ Class with Sam Huff
October 13, 2012
- Breakfast Social
- Student Introductions, Expectations, Cooking Equipment, and Questions
- Reading Lists, Favorite Cookbooks, Periodicals, Magazines
- Grills, Consistency, Grilling vs Smoking, Direct vs Indirect, Temperature vs Time, Wiley’s Secret Weapons
- Firing up the Big Green Egg, other ceramic cookers and Webers. How to use them successfully.
- Food Safety
- Chicken Prep, Beer Can Chicken, Thighs vs Halves vs Wings
- Ribs, Babybacks vs St. Louis vs Full Spares, Prep and seasoning, how to determine when done
- Pork, Butts vs Shoulder, Injection vs Brining, Stuffed Pork Loin
- Brisket, Packer vs Flat, Flat vs Point, Slicing Flat vs Point, Burnt Ends, Injections
- Rubs, Sauces, Marinades
- Proven recipes to take home and impress your family and friends. Some examples:
- Perfect Steak
- Tri tip
- Smoked Prime Rib
- Stuffed Pork Loin
- Grilled Asparagus
- Smoked Baked Potatoes
- Smoked Corn
**We will be sampling and tasting all of the food discussed all day long. Come hungry.
***Wiley’s has been doing cooking classes for the last five years. Some of the items listed above are the most requested and popular from our students. Also included are many items that can move you to the next level of BBQ success.